Frames aren’t quite a new name for me, but it seems I missed this post-rock gem. I was amused to read that a lot of post-rock fans don’t see much good in this album because it doesn’t fit their pre-conceived notions of what music in the genre should sound like, I suppose. For me, I like that it goes nowhere in particular, a bit like a drive down a highway on a Sunday afternoon with no particular point you’re traveling to. Musically, this is a solid album, not as metal as other post-rock bands (which for my taste is a good thing), and it’s perhaps deserving of a reassessment after taking some time away from the genre and listening with fresh ears.
- Igra Staklenih Perli – Igra Staklenih Perli
- Amid The Ruins 1453 – Dyerwave Trilogy (All Dyerwave Tracks)
- JOHN 3:16 – Yoldath Aloho
- [Press] Meticulous Midgets – Music You Need To Hear
- The Hauchzart Ensemble – Hauchzart Momentum Vol. I
- Various Artists – Canary Records: Let’s Add Raki to Wine: Women in Istanbul ca. 1931-46