Russia has a pretty remarkable history with jazz. Even during the Soviet times, everything from Dixieland to hard bop was represented rather well, and free jazz is no exception. Der Finger are the trio of Anton Efimov (bass), Evgenia Sivkova (drums & saxophone) and Edward Sivkov (bass clarinet, saxophone and bass-domra). They make a racket (and that is meant in a good way) that is indeed free and open, and almost borders on Industrial music in parts. Good listening.
- Igra Staklenih Perli – Igra Staklenih Perli
- Amid The Ruins 1453 – Dyerwave Trilogy (All Dyerwave Tracks)
- JOHN 3:16 – Yoldath Aloho
- [Press] Meticulous Midgets – Music You Need To Hear
- The Hauchzart Ensemble – Hauchzart Momentum Vol. I
- Various Artists – Canary Records: Let’s Add Raki to Wine: Women in Istanbul ca. 1931-46