Today’s choice, Cernichov, bear cover art on their album, The Mold Legacy, which would fool one into thinking that this was some sort of black-metal release. Far from it. It’s actually a very well-balance pairing of noise and ambient music. It’s as if a post-punk band were working with the noise and ambient aesthetic, so this sounds far more musical and stable than many of the amateur bands who sound like they’re simply flipping on the vacuum switch. Quite nice.
- Nurbek Serkebaev – White Swans Fly: Kyrgyz Music from Bishkek
- E.U.E.R.P.I. – Timid Memories
- Various Artists – Lèspri Ka : New Directions in Gwoka Music from Guadeloupe 1981-2010
- Cut Chemist – Adidas To Addis/Povo De Santo
- Luneta Freedom Jazz Collective – Slaves and Masters
- The Scorpios – Let’s Go