An’archives, a French experimental music record label, has released しりえないものとずっと (Forever With The Incomprehensible) by legendary drummer and percussionist Ikuro Takahashi. Takahashi has worked with the likes of Keiji Haino’s power-trio Fushitsusha, Seishokki, High Rise, Ché-Shizu, Maher Shalal Hash Baz, Kousokuya, LSD March and Nagisa Ni Te. This kind of pedigree is unmatched in the Japanese improvisational music scene. The album is volcanic in its power, full of thundering percussion which would equal, and in some parts surpass, many percussion based free-jazz albums.
- Various Artists – UNESCO Collection Musical Sources – Arabian Music: Maqam (Iraq – Lebanon 1971)
- Gadjo Dilo – Manouche de Grec
- Amir ElSaffar – Inana
- Various Artists – Gudelnaya Polyana – Solar Systo Togathering 2020
- Alexei Aigui & Ensemble 4’33” – Palimpsest
- Various Artists – Unexplained Sounds Group – 7th Annual Report (Mid Year Edition)